Annapurna base camp trekking cost, ABC permit & fees
- Table of Contents
- Annapurna base camp trek cost
- Cost Includes/excludes
- Overview of Annapurna base camp trek
- Facts of ABC trek
- Permit fees
Annapurna base camp trekking cost
Annapurna Base Camp trekking cost differs from agency to agency according to their rules and regulations.
How much does it cost to reach Annapurna Base Camp Trek? To answer this question is difficult as the answer will not be straight forward. A point to be noted on this that for the exact cost calculation, many factors must be considered precisely, such as package details, number of travelers, accommodation cost, flight cost, and many more.
Comparing the cost policy from a different agency, it makes slightly different on trek cost. The significant factors that make a massive difference in ABC trekking price: are hotels, accommodation, transport, and no group size and as well as the total trip cost. However, the marginal cost Above the Himalayan offers starts from USD 580 for seven days trekking start and end at Pokhara.
The season in which you are trekking can also make a vast difference. Spring and autumn seasons are the best seasons for trekkers to head towards the lap of the Himalayas. We can observe a crowd of people visiting at that time. So, there is a high chance of a cost increment on flights, accommodation, etc. due to the peak season. Trekking can be much expensive at this time.
On the contrary, the summer season and winter season are the off-season for trekkers. Visitors are offered with off-season packages at a lower price. Apart from this, due to fewer tourists at the place, accommodation charges, flights charge will be relatively less. Travelers should feel lucky as the trek can be made in fewer amounts.
Besides this, the trek cost can be varying based on though which you buy your trek: from the online agent, Travel agent, online group agent, in-country guide, local guide. The type of trek you want either all-inclusive or with a guide only causes a cost difference.
Choose wisely on this matter, Above the Himalaya offer a flexible price with an expert guide to ABC Trek.
Please make sure you book your ABC trek with the private company, which cost you cheaper. For an average of 12 to 13 days trek towards Annapurna Base Camp, the prices range from 1000 USD to 1200 USD approximately.
The total trek cost depends upon the services you choose and the itinerary you plan for. Longer the route, there will be a high cost. However, Above the Himalayas aims to make your journey fruitful and so it offers reasonable trek cost, which is USD 950. It is probably the best and cheapest price for Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
- Pick up from the airport after arrival and drop services during your departure from Nepal.
- Two-way ticket from Ktm-Pokhara-Ktm
- Accommodations during the time of stay at Nepal
- Accommodation in Kathmandu inclusive of breakfast, lunch according to the itinerary (Deluxe 3 star hotel)
- Accommodation in Pokhara inclusive of breakfast, dinner according to a plan.
- Arrangement of the beautiful and clean accommodation in pristine surroundings at guest houses/lodges during the trek.
- All types of the meal during the trek
- Availability of Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP) entry permits, as well as the Trekkers Information Management System (TIMS), permits.
- A good arrangement of complementary welcome and farewell dinner in a typical Nepali culture.
- Half-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Well experienced guide and porter, all service charges, Government Taxes, and paper works.
- Other miscellaneous stuff such as Trekking map. A down jacket and sleeping bag must be returned after the completion of the trip.
- Availability of First AID boxes and medicines with your guide.
- Insurance cost, personal equipment, drinks, etc. are your extra costs.
- International flight cost
- Kathmandu Pokhara Kathmandu flights
- Nepal entry visa
- Tips to guide, porter and driver
The prominent reason why you should book a trekking trip with a trekking agency is that you need not have to worry about the trek as all the small things are taken care of by the agency.
Overview of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Trekking to Annapurna Base Camp and hiking to the poon hill are the most adventurous things anyone could experience. The Annapurna region accumulates all the sheer beauty, splendid massive mountains, and pristine environment and undoubtedly will be one of the lifetime experiences anyone could ever have.
Interestingly, reaching the lap of the Annapurna region is the dream of many travelers. Annapurna base camp is situated at the altitude of 4320m above the sea level. Pokhara marks as the starting and ending point for the ABC trekkers. Additionally, Pokhara, a second largest-city, offers splendid sunrise and sunset view from SarangKot and Phewa lake marks as the most peaceful and calm place, which for sure gives you a heavenly feeling.
Anyone can explore the beauty of more than dozens of peaks in the Annapurna region.
Mt. Machhapuchre/fishtail Mountain(6993m), Annapurna South(7219m),
Annapurna II(7937m), Annapurna III(7555m), Annapurna IV(7525m), and Huichuli(6441m) are some of the mountains that will give you eye-catching views from the Annapurna Base Camp.
Annapurna trekking will be one of the unique and pleasurable adventures for those who are always seeking to grasp new ventures in life.
The perfect combination of nature’s beauty and peaceful environment is what any traveler wishes to observe. Along with this colorful forest, diverse green vegetation and beautiful blooming rhododendron will melt your heart.
Some Facts of ABC Trek
Total Trip Duration: 12 days (Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu)
Per Day Walking hour: 5-7 hours
Accommodation: Lodge aka tea house
Trek Grade: Easy-Moderate-Difficult
Transportation: Flight/drive, Tourist Bus
Highest Altitude: 4130 meters (Annapurna Base Camp)
Activity: City tour and trekking, Sightseeing
Trip snippets: 12 days, three nights at hotel seven night’s lodges, Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the trek, breakfast at the city.
Best Seasons: Spring (March April and May), Autumn (September, October, November) Winter (December, and January)
Highlights of the Annapurna basae camp trek
- Experiencing hot spring in Jhingu dada
- eye-catching sunrise and sunset view from poon hill
- Breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains against the skyline
- Multiple routes to ABC Trek that also passes through Machhapuchhre Base Camp(MBC)
- Spectacular and closest view of snow-capped mountains such as Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, and Dhaulagiri
- Chance to get acquainted with numerous mountains
- The exotic beauty of flora and fauna
- Exploring the Gurung culture and gain insights from their daily lifestyle
- Marvelous glacier and peak views from Annapurna Base Camp and opportunity to visit the greatest George (Kali Gandaki)
ANNAPURNA TREKKING PERMITS FEES AND TIMS CARD
Permits for Conservation Area:
Most of the trekking trails, as well as the Annapurna Base Camp circuit, which is famous widely, are grouped under conserved areas inside Annapurna Conservation Area. To enter into these areas, foreigners are required to obtain an entry permit from ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) as well as a TIMS card to trek in the Annapurna region. A trekking permit is a must to travel in those conserved areas. Different ACAP entry permit fees are listed below for foreigners and the SAARC countries.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Cost Details
Permits and Fees in Annapurna Region:
- ACAP entry permit fee for a person (foreigners other than SAARC nations): 3,000 NPR (Approx. the US $30)
- For SAARC nationals, the ACAP entry permit fee is: 1000 NPR
- TIMS permit: 1,000 NPR (Approx. US $10)
- Childers under 10 age is not charged with any amount.
- Anyone should fill up an application form along with other relevant documents and submitted it to the registered trekking agency of Nepal to get a trekking permit.
- Requirements of the recent two passport-sized photos are a must for getting an entry permit.
- Most importantly, visitors should pay the permit fee in the US Dollar.
Terms and condition for the Entry permit
- The entry permit thus obtained will apply to a particular conservation area only; they have to purchase a new entry permit for traveling other areas such as Manaslu Conservation Area.
- Once the entry permit is made, it is non-refundable, non-transferable
- The traveler is required to carry this entry permit with them throughout the entire trip and should be shown whenever and wherever any concerned person of the conversation area asks for it.
- If Person enters to the conservation area restricted by law, then s/he will be charged according to National and wildlife conservation Act 2029 B.S
- If in case anyone wishes to obtain the entry permit along the trek routes and then are charged an additional 100% for it.
- All the travelers should obtain their entry permit before entering to the conservation area.
[contact-frm-7 id=”4615″ title=”inside”]
Places to get a permit for Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
In Kathmandu, Foreigners can buy permits and TIMS cards from Nepal Tourism Board Office on PradarshaniMarg, Kathmandu.
In Pokhara, Foreigners can buy permits at Nepal Tourism Board Service Center in Damside or can also but at ACAP entry permit counter in Besisahar, Lamjung. Whereas. They can obtain TIMS from the TAAN Lakeside office in SantiPatan, Pokhara.
Annapurna Base Camp trekking is a fascinating adventure along the lap of the Himalayas, and one of the best trekking trails to view fantastic magnificent peaks, ethnic diversity, the beneficial and charming Gurung communities, and diverse flora and fauna.
Above the Himalaya offer you a great package of ABC trek at a reasonable cost, and make sure you trek be the memorable one.
Plan according to your budget and enjoy the trip well. As discussed above, the cost of ABC trek depends upon the services and facilities, standard of food, and accommodation you will be opting for.
Please contact us for further details about the trekking packages.
We are happy to answer your queries.
Above the Himalayan will make sure your trip would be the best one.