Everest Base Camp Trek in October
- Table of Contents
- Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
- Everest Base Camp Weather in October
- Everest Base Camp Temperature in October
- Why trek to Everest Base Camp in October?
- Accommodation and Food
- Difficulties During the Trek
- Tips to Trek to Everest Base Camp
- Packaging list for Everest Base Camp
Everest base camp trek in October is the the perfect time as the Monsoon ends. October is one of the best months for Everest Base Camp Trek. October is the peak month when most of the people from around the world come to Nepal for Trekking, and Everest Base Camp Trek is the mostly done Trekking by many of them. Everest Base Camp Trek is one of the famous and challenging Trek. It falls under the problematic level of trekking. One needs to be physically fit for trekking to Everest Base Camp in October.
Highlights of Everest Base Camp Trek
Duration: 16 Days
Trek Grade: Fairly Strenuous
Max. Altitude: Kalapathar (5,545 m/18,192 ft.)
Best Travel Time: February to Mid June, September – Mid December are the best seasons. Dec & January are Winter and cold can be snow on the trail, July & August are rainy time, trekking can be done, but visibility can be poor due to rain.
Transportation: Private Car/Van/ Plane
Everest Base Camp Weather in October
After Monsoon, Autumn season starts. The rainfall in Monsoon takes away all the dirt, dust and pollution, making the view clear and the weather dry. The weather in Everest can change anytime, but most of the time, the weather remains cool and clear during October.
Since October is the beginning of Autumn and end of Monsoon, there may be little rainfall or snowfall, but little rainfall, snow, and cloud won’t hamper the view. The air becomes fresh; the visibility of peaks from Kala Patthar viewpoint will be fantastic. The beautiful forests and scenario the way will be the best part of this trek.
Everest Base Camp Temperature in October
In October, the days are warm and nights are cold, but one can bear the temperature. October has the perfect temperature to Trek Everest Base Camp.
The temperature seems to be pleasant for the travelers as the day time is not too hot, and the nights are not too cold. The temperature of the days may reach 14°C to 20 °C. The night’s temperature can reach to around -6°C while in the area above 4000 meters the temperature can drop to -10 °C.
Why trek to Everest Base Camp in October ?
- October is the month of the festival. Dashain and Tihar also fall under this month. You can take part in those festivals if you travel in October. It will create a homely and joyful environment.
- The views of panoramic mountains, natural sources, Eye-Catching Scenic beauty, will take away all the stress and anxiety as October is the month when views are scenic and perfect due to the clear weather.
- The temperature is moderate and calm in October, which means there will not be chilling cold of snow and the days are filled with warm sun. The warm and bright sun will make the visibility clear.
- October is the peak season for trekking to Everest. The trail will be filled with lots of international and national people which means you will receive happy smiles and welcome with cheerful atmosphere during the trek.
- There will not be snow in October so you can enjoy the diverse vegetation of beautiful country Nepal.
Accommodation and Food
Due to peak season, the tea houses and lodges may be full, so it is better to book it earlier for your convenience. You may also have to make room sharing with other people. The tea houses and lodges in the trek provide the best meals.
Difficulties During the Trek
- As October is the primary season for trekking, there may be difficult finding the place to stay in tea houses and lodges. You may also have to share the room with other trekkers of the same gender.
- You might be caught by altitude sickness while on Everest Base Camp due to the variation if you are the first-time traveler.
- For people who are not used to trekking may feel difficulty while on a trek to EBC due to the rough trails.
- As the altitude increases the prices of the places and thing also increases.
- For those people who are fond of using their gadgets, it may be difficult due to the low power, little wifi connection, and problem of networks.
Tips to Trek to Everest Base Camp trek in October
- Pre-booking of the Lukla flight as the flight may be canceled or postponed any time because of the changing weather.
- Starting the trek earlier can let you enjoy nature more.
- The Backpack you carry should be comfortable as the comfortable bag pack makes you trip comfortable.
- As October is the main season for trekking, there may be difficult finding the place to stay in tea houses and lodges. You may also have to share the room with other trekkers of the same gender. So, it is better to pre-book accommodation.
- Carry the precautions and curing things for preventing altitude sickness.
- Arrange the trained and certified guides and porter, so that you enjoy the trek at your fullest.
Packaging list for Everest Base Camp
- Light Sleeping Bag
- Trekking boots (waterproof)
- Trek shirts
- Jackets (Down and fleece)
- Trekking Poles
- Solar Torch
- Water bottles
- Water purifiers
- Trekking socks
- First aid medical kit
- Portable Altitude Chamber and Oxygen
- Trek duffle bag