Nepal visa information, Tourist visa on arrival requirements & fees (complete guide)
Nepal Visa Information
Nepal is a beautiful country of the Himalayas, and every year, more thousands of tourists influx here to observe cultural, geographical, and traditional diversities. Unfortunately, many people are unaware of the visa process in Nepal. Therefore, Get full details here about Nepal visa information.
This article is for those who are wondering about how to get to Nepal? to get a Nepal visa is an easy task making it the traveler easy to visit Nepal. When you will arrive at Nepal International airport, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), located approx. 5 km far from the city of Kathmandu at an elevation of 1,338 m. (Ring Rd, Kathmandu 44600)
In Nepal, the Immigration Office, Tribhuvan International Airport, which is also under the Department of Immigration, is supposed to provide a visa on Arrival to the Tourist Flying into Nepal. Or you can also get a visa from the embassy of Nepal in your place if it is available or the consulate.
Note: Nigeria, Ghana, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Cameroon, Swaziland, Iraq, Ethiopia, Liberia, Palestine, etc. are some of the countries which are not eligible for Nepalese visa from the immigration entry points of Nepal. The citizen from those countries should obtain their visa in their own country at Nepal Embassy and consulate.
Nepal visa information requirements for traveling
Nepal has made the visa process easier for all travelers, either moving through airways or land borders. You will get your visa after your arrival in Nepal.
The following are the lists of things you should get eligible for a Nepalese visa:
- Valid passport with a blank page (The passport should have a validity of at least six months)
- You should fill the online application form for the visa at immigration entry points.
III. Two recent passports sized photographs
Nepal Visa Policy
- You cannot stay in Nepal or enter here without a valid visa, which is considered illegal.
- You can obtain a tourist visa at the immigration entry points in Nepal, or through the Nepalese embassy or any other mission offices in your country.
- Visa fees must be paid in cash as a credit card, and Cheque is not acceptable.
- Please make sure to bring cash for the visa fee payment.
- Children under the age of 10 are not charged for a visa; however, obtaining valid permission is a must for everyone.
- The issued visa is not changeable, and the visa fees are non-refundable
- You must immediately contact the immigration office for document transfer if you are obtaining a new passport or any travel document.
- While trekking, you must carry your valid passport and travel document. You should not enter places that are strictly prohibited until the authorized person permits you. Not allowed to perform any illegal activities that may hurt the sentiments of Nepalese people. Respect the tradition, culture, and feelings of Nepalese People.
Nepal Visa for US citizens
Almost every country in the world needs a Nepal Visa guide to travel to Nepal. Furthermore, Indian citizens no need to get a Visa for Nepal. They can visit Nepal with a passport or a valid government ID.
Travelers except for Indian nationals, there are mainly two ways to get a visa for entry into Nepal. Most of the abroad country including the USA can opt choice, obtaining a visa before the Embassy of Nepal, or obtaining an arrival visa at specific entry points in Nepal. Now you can complete the visa application online also. If you are filling the form on arrival bring a passport-sized photo.
Visa fees for all paid visas for American peoples are $25 for a 15-day visa, US $40 for a 30-day visa, and US $100 for a 90-day visa. You will cost an additional US$ 20 if you are planning to visit Bhutan, India, or Tibet. For this, you can choose multiple –entry visa in your application.
You can get the Nepal visa information on before your departure from the Embassy of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal, the USA.
Washington DC; Sun Valley, Idaho; San Francisco, California; Chicago, Baltimore, Maryland; and Manhattan in New York City are the places where visa offices are located.
The visa issued is valid up to 6 months from the issued date and valid up to 90 days in the period of stay in Nepal.
The visa application process is listed below:
- You must complete an online application form that contains a tracking number for the mailing purpose to the embassy or consulate office
- You can send your documents by registered mail or courier, can drop them at the nearest embassy Attaching the necessary fee.
- If you want to send your documents by mail, then you must attach a prepaid return envelop.
- Visa fee payment must be done with the application form.
If there’s any update of your application and if the embassy needs any documents, then they will inform you via email and text.
Upon Arrival Visa Process for US Tourists:
You can get an arrival visa if you want a tourist visa, besides all other visas required a prior application at the Embassy of Nepal in the USA. Get Nepal visa information before you apply.
If you have not filled up the application form before your arrival, you ought to carry a couple of recent passport-sized photos, download the application form and fill it along with the fee payment receipt and go to the immigration desk for issuing the visa.
You can also fill up the application at the kiosks at TIA or by using a tablet or mobile phone upon your arrival. If you filled your application form before your arrival from our official website, then you can upload your digital photo as a visa photo. This will make the processing more comfortable, and visa issuing can be fast. For the payment process, you will be sent an email confirmation sent your email address indicating the nominated bank. You ought to carry a payment receipt from the particular bank and show at the immigration desk, and your passport is marked with a stamp by one of the officers at the desk
Places to obtain Nepal Tourist Visa
Following are the list of the entry point from where you can get the Nepal Tourist visa:
- Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA), Kathmandu.
- Immigration Offices along Nepal-India border
- Kakarvitta, Jhapa (Eastern Nepal)
- Birganj, Parsa (Central Nepal)
- Belhaiya, Bhairahawa (Rupandehi, Western Nepal)
- Jamuna, Nepalgunj (Banke, Mid Western Nepal)
- Mohana, Dhangadhi (Kailali, Far Western Nepal)
- Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar (Kanchanpur, Far Western Nepal)
Nepal Visa on Arrival
Below are the steps to be followed for getting Nepal visa information. On-Arrival tourist visa at the airport (TIA):
In the first step, you should fill in the “Arrival Card.”
After then, you should fill Online “Tourist Visa” form which you can also fill before your arrival by visiting our official website http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
.You should print out the submission receipt containing the barcode and print it out (Valid only for 15 days).
In the Second Step, You must pay your visa fee based on your visa requirement (15/30/90 days). Note that you can only use cash for payment, credit card, and Cheque is not allowed here.
Below are the lists of on arrival visa fee:
15 Days – 30 USD
30 Days – 50 USD
90 Days – 125 USD
Get the payment receipt
In the final step, you should hand your online form, payment receipt, and your passport to the immigration Desk.
After the visa officer will check your documents carefully, you will be issued a Nepalese Visa
Nepal visa Application
You can avoid the long queues at the entry point by filling up the visa application form from the official website before your Nepal visit.
Fill out the online visa application form from here for Nepal visa information:
Nepal Visa Fee/Price
As per the latest update, Nepal tourist’s visa fee has been increased in 2020 and is listed below accordingly:
USD 25 or equivalent convertible currency for 15 days for single/multiple entries. If you get a visa for 30 days It is USD 50 or equivalent convertible currency. USD 125 or equivalent convertible currency for 90 days for single/multiple entries.
For the tourist of SAARC countries (except Afghanistan), free visas up to 30 days is provided, and after that, they have to pay USD$ 3 per day for additional days.
In the case that any department of Immigration recommends Afghan citizens, then only they will be issued with Gratis Visa (Free visa) on Arrival.
The Non-Residential Nepalese (NRN) card holder (issued by MOFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad) and Chinese citizens are eligible for Gratis Visa.
Since 2015, a visa is not required for Indian national’s citizens as are Chinese.
Unless, if their arrival in Nepal took place through flight, they would have to show a valid identification certificate (passport/ citizenship certificate) except the children under the age of 10 from all permitted nations except the US.
The Nepali tourist visa fees are likely to increase by 2021.
Nepal Visa Requirements
You can extend your tourist visa either in Kathmandu or in Pokhara immigration offices on the same day of your extension form fill update.
Procedure for extending a tourist visa:
- Fill out the online application form
- Print, the bar code receipt, obtained after form submission
- You should carry a copy of your passport ID page and a copy of your current Nepali visa page
- After having the applicable visa fee, go towards the nearest immigration office.
I would suggest you fill the form earlier to avoid the long queues at the immigration offices.
Here are the lists for visa extension fees based on the Number of days chose:
Your tourist visa extension can be done for a minimum of 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
In the case of a delay of less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as a late fine.
The maximum number of days the visa can take is up to 150 days in a visa year (A year between January-December).
Get more information from the Nepal Government site here: http://online.nepalimmigration.gov.np/tourist-visa
Make sure to click on the extension of the visa on the radio button while filling the Nepal visa information form.
Important tips for Visitors in Nepal for Nepal visa information
You should get the arrival/departure stamps on your passport at the entry-exit points to avoid possible legal problems. punished for the reason stayed in Nepal without a valid passport and visa. Be aware of brokers/cheaters and also false documents that may lead to a significant problem.
Do not try to take out the visa stickers from the passport. Respect the privacy of other people and do not visit the restriction areas unless you can go there. You are not allowing to change the purpose of your stay without informing immigration offices. You need to pay a fine of USD 3 per day at the airport in the case that you are staying over for less than 30 days.
Book with Confidence
- Flexible bookings and easy trip date changes
- Personalized service and customized group sizes
- Safe travels with owner-operated services and highly experienced guides
- Best price guarantee for the most value for your money
- Secure & easy online booking