Nepal and Bhutan Tour
Nepal Bhutan Tour
- Pokhara is the most touristic city.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Pokhara and different lakes, caves, and waterfalls.
- You can great the sight of high snow-capped mountains and get to visit the international mountain museum.
- The scenic flight from Kathmandu to Paro is breathtaking and overwhelming during the flight you get to watch the world’s height mountain MT. Everest.
- Hiking on the top of the tiger’s nest, which is the most iconic religious place in Bhutan.
Overview of Nepal and Bhutan Tour
Nepal Bhutan tour is very similar in various ways from landscapes to High Mountain. These two countries are isolated in themselves with the tremendous culture and great natural beauty. The connection of Bhutan and Nepal form with Buddhism. Buddhism is the main religion in Bhutan and almost 75% of the people follow Buddhism. In addition, the light of Asia Lord Gautam Buddha was born in Nepal. Both Nepal and Bhutan are some of the top spots for travel geeks. Nepal Bhutan tour will give you a great experience of both the country at once.
Bhutan is a beautiful country full of unique cultures and religions. Despite being a pleasing and peaceful Buddhists country, Bhutan is the home of hundreds of Temples, Dzongs, monuments, and cultural variations. Bhutan is my favorite country to visit in South Asia. You can explore around the capital of both the countries Kathmandu and Paro. In addition, the highlights of this trek are to know about the unique history, culture, religion, and natural glories. Above the Himalayan will make sure that you will get a unique experience through this trek.
The multi-country tour is always in an interesting way to observe the richness of two-nation at once. Nepal Bhutan tour is the most fruitful tour that takes us close to two different states and allows us to observe variation amongst those two nations’ similarities in natural glory and cultural diversity. During this Nepal bhutan tour, you can explore the different monasteries and try different types of cuisine. Similarly, both countries are authentic in their way and make your trek more fruitful.
Itinerary of Nepal and Bhutan Tour
Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
Nepal Bhutan tour starts with their arrival in Kathmandu. After arriving at the TV airport our team above the Himalayas will pick you up and escort you to your hotel. During you can rest and roam around the street and market nearby. In addition, during dinner, we will give you a description of the entire tour.
Full day Kathmandu tour
The next day of your Nepal Bhutan tour itinerary is the full day sightseeing of the Kathmandu valley. We will take you to three out of seven UNESCO world heritage sites in the valley.
Your first designation on the Kathmandu tour is Bouddhanath stupa, which is one of the most Buddhist monasteries. Bouddhanath stupa is not only the largest stupa in Nepal but the largest in the entire world. You will have breakfast enjoying the beautiful stupa. The next place to visit in Kathmandu is the famous Pashupatinath temple. Pashupatinath temple is the most sacred temple Hindus in Nepal, which lies at the bank of the holy river Bagmati.
After that, we will be heading off to the Patan durbar square in the Lalitpur district. The hand carving in the metal, wood, and stone of the temple reflects Nepalese culture. Furthermore, if you have time then you can visit some other famous places in Kathmandu like Swayambunath stupa, Krishna Mandir and Basantapur durbar square.
Fly to Paro and half day sightseeing
On this day of Nepal Bhutan tour, you will be leaving for Bhutan, so wake up early. After having breakfast, we will transfer to the airport ad flight to Paro. The flight to Paro is the most thrilling experience that you can get. You will get to see the high mountains like Kanchenjunga, Jomolhari, Jichu Drake, and mount Annaura including the great Mount Everest. The flight will take about a couple of hours to reach Bhutan.
You will have some rest after arriving at the hotel. We will take to visit the national museum of Bhutan with the name Ta Dzong. The museum reflects Bhutanese art with more than 3000 different kinds of artwork. After the museum, you can go to the oldest temple in Bhutan, Khyichu Lhakhang. There you can pay a visit to Paro Rinpung Dong, this monastery was built during the 17th century to protect Paro valley.
Hiking to Taktsang Monastery and a drive to Thimphu
After breakfast today Nepal Bhutan tour, you will be hiking to Taktsang monastery, which takes about 2 to 3 hours of trekking. This monastery lies at an altitude of 3,120 meters from sea level. The locals call this monastery Tiger’s Nest and it is one of the holiest monasteries in Bhutan. The most interesting thing about this monastery is that it is built on the side of the cliff. You can get a magnificent view of Paro valley. After that, you will have to drive to the capital Thimphu.
Full day in Thimphu tour
Thimphu is the largest city in Bhutan with a spectacular scenario and rich culture. Your travel to Thimphu starts from Kuenselohodrang, which is famous as Big Buddha Point. This place has a huge statue of Lord Buddha.
During the Nepal Bhutan tour, you will get to see the Takin also called cattle chamois or gnu goat is the national animal of Bhutan. After that, we will take you to visit the beautiful memorial stupa, which is built in the typical Tibetan style Chorten. After that, your next destination in Thimphu will be the National Textiles Museum.
It is the art gallery of traditional weaving; this art museum shows the rich collection of weaving and textile in Bhutan. After that, you will be going to the Traditional Bhutanese paper factory. Later on, you will have the rest of the day on your own. You can enjoy the walk in the streets of Thimphu and click pictures there.
Thimphu to Punakha and hike to Lungchutse Monastery
After having breakfast you will have to leave for Punakha on our Nepal Bhutan tour. Which lies at an altitude of 1,250 meters. The route to Punakha from Thimphu goes through the special Dochu La pass. There are almost 100 memorials chortens, you can explore around there, nearby there is Druk Wangyal Lhakhang where you will be exploring. In addition to this, you can pay a short visit to Chimi Lhakhang (Fertility Temple) and Chimi Lhakhang (Fertility Temple). It takes about two to three hours of drive to reach Punakha.
Rafter having lunch at Punakha your hike to Lungchutese monastery begins. This hiking trail goes through the beautiful forest of Hemlock, Fir, Rhododendrons, and junipers. This is an uphill hike so; you can stop to enjoy the paranomic view. once you get to the Lungchutese monastery you will get an awe-spring view of high mountains like umolhari (7314 m), Masang Gang (7158), table mountain (7060 m) and Gangkhar Puensum (7520 m). Mt. Gangkhar Puensum is the highest mountain of Bhutan.
Drive to Gangtey and further drive to Paro
Leaving Punakha you will be heading toward Gangtey valley, which is in the Wnagdue region. Gangtey Valley is an attractive place with alluring scenery of snow-capped mountains and high hills. Gangtey valley is famous around Bhutan for the different species of flora and fauna found here.After having lunch you will be heading towards Paro
From Paro flight to Kathmandu
Bidding farewell to Bhutan you will have a flight to Kathmandu on our Nepal Bhutan tour. Enjoying the aerial view of the high mountains, you will be returning to Kathmandu. You will stay overnight at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Sightseeing in Bhaktapur and sunset views from Nagarkot.
This is another sightseeing tour in Nepal. Here you will be going to Bhaktapur which is the smallest district in size but richest in tradition. There are many temples in Bhaktapur. You must try the cuisine of Bhaktapur is the local curd. After that, you will be driving to Nagarkot, which is the best place to witness sunset view around Kathmandu valley.
Wake up watching the sunrise view from the Nagarkot this is your last day in Nepal. We will drop you off at the airport. It was fun tour with you.
- Airport pick up and drop
- Transportation on the comfortable vehicle by private car or Hiace as per the group size
- All necessary Tibet travel permits
- Getting a Chinese visa and Tibet Travel permit
- All Accommodation during the tour on twin sharing basis
- Daily Breakfast at Nepal and Tibet tour
- Kathmandu to Lhasa and Kathmandu flight ticket
- Kathmandu to Paro and Kathmandu flight ticket
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- All fees for sightseeing and Monasteries as outlined in the itinerary
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Experienced English speaking Bhutanese guide and local staff All city tours with Sightseeing and monastery entrance fees as per our itinerary
- All the meals during the trip full board basis (B/L/D) in Bhutan tour
- All government taxes
- Bhutan Visa fee
- Airfare to Nepal
- Travel Insurance, Personal equipment, telephone calls, internet, laundry
- Personal expenses such as drinks, beverages, tips, and gratitude
- All airport taxes
- Tibet Visa Fees
- Nepal visa fees
- Lunch and dinner in Nepal and Tibet tour
- Tips and gratitude
Nepal Bhutan tour more info
Things to know about Bhutan
- As Bhutan is a very isolated country in itself, the rules and restrictions of this may be different. Some of the things to know about Bhutan before traveling are as follows.
- They do not allow anyone to smoke in public places. You need to search for a place where you can smoke.
- You should in any way the royals in Bhutan.
- There will be strict checking of your luggage as importing and exporting goods, more than the quantity is forbidden in Bhutan.
- Dressing in Bhutan is a bit particular; you should be dressing modestly with long sleeves while visiting cultural places.
- They will not let you enter if you are wearing something reveling
- You must always ask for permission before touching any object or taking pictures of it.
- People of Bhutan are very humble, so you can talk to them and have a genuine conversation with them.
Best time for Nepal Bhutan Tour
Since Nepal and Bhutan fall in the same region of Asia, time from September to November is the best time to visit both counties. The weather during this time is perfect for traveling in both Nepal ad Bhutan. The clear skies with the fresh and clean surroundings will make your even more enjoyable. In addition to this from September to November, you can also get a clear view of the mountains and hills. Furthermore, January to May, which is the spring season, is also an ideal time for traveling. During this time, you see a forest full of rhododendron and other blooming and flooding the entire valley with varieties of flowers.
Food During the tour
Trying a different variety of cuisine is the best part of traveling. Food in both the countries is much similar. You will be having three meals a day. During the Nepal Bhutan tour, you can have organic cook food with some local spices. If you have any dietary necessities then you must mention them to your guide. Trying a variety of cuisine of both Nepal and Bhutan will make your travel more amusing. Ema Datshi is Bhutan’s national dish where the word “Ema” means “chili” and “Datse” means “cheese”.
Nepal Bhutan Tour Cost
The cost for the Nepal Bhutan tour is quite expensive if we compare it to other tours. It is due to flight, and Government permit fees. The cost of the tour depends on different factors, such as group size, hotel standards, private or group tours, etc.
The cost of the Nepal Bhutan tour also depends on your group size. If you are just 1 person it is much more expensive, the cost is from 2 to 6 person is come about US 3550 per person if you are above 6 person group till 12 costs will come USD 32500 per person. You can make your decision first you wanted to make it a private tour or to be part of a private tour or if you want to travel in a small group. If you want a private tour, It is with your own driver and a private guide. You can change and tailor-made the itinerary if you want as the whole tour is under your control. Instead, if you opt for a small group, the costs will drop considerably, but you will share the car and the guide with other people who come on the same tour.
Group tour cost is less than a solo trip
The benefit of traveling in a group for the Nepal Bhutan tour is the price will be less compared to the private tour cost. While the number of tourists increases, the cost per person will be lower. You can share the accommodation with other fellow travelers to make the cost down.
the major impact of your Nepal Bhutan tour cost is your preference in terms of accommodation. In our Nepal Bhutan tour, we will include 3-star accommodation. but you can also opt for 4-star or 5-star hotels, and this will automatically increase the final price. the cost of 5-star hotels in Nepal and Bhutan is quite expensive.
The other factor to make the cost lower or high is your traveling a second time also. if you are traveling in the low season in winter and Rainy season the cost will be less and there is a discount available. while you travel in winter month December to January the weather is very cold and views can be poor, the rainy seasons you may get lost of rain in Nepal tour and need to carry the umbrella.
Physical Fitness for Nepal Bhutan Tour
Nepal Bhutan tour is a natural, doable hike that any travel enthusiast with average physical fitness can complete and enjoy.
However, Individuals with respiratory/heart/knee problems can find this hike to be challenging.
The hike duration may vary depending on the trekker’s walking pace. Walk at your own pace and listen to your body so that you can enjoy the journey to the fullest.
For people who are after 60 years, climbing Tiger’s Nest indeed posed a challenge, but it was a test of our will-power and tenacity. However, with the combination of proper itinerary management and customer handling of the travel agency, you can accomplish your journey happily. You may want to bring hiking poles to help out your knees on the descent, whereas some people chose to stop at the viewpoint with the row of prayer wheels or prefer to call it a day at the cafeteria and turn back.
You should always monitor your fitness and walk accordingly. For those with physically fit health and having enough previous hiking experience, then you can choose to hike from the bottom of the cliff. Luckily, you can take a ride on a horse/mule donkey to reach the mid-way if you feel unfit to walk to the top.
Some tips for traveling to Tiger’s Nest in Nepal Bhutan tour
- Keep yourself hydrated to make your journey comfortable.
- Slow and steady is the ideal place for any trek or hike. You’ll gain elevation very fast. Hence, you may feel short of breath. Make sure to rest when necessary. Thus, climb at your own pace. Paro Taktsang is a monastery along with many religious statues and monks around.
- You must follow the dress etiquette in mind.
- Avoid shorts, T-shirts, sleeveless tops, etc. As the ticket counter only opens at 7:00 am, you are the urge to verify with your guide for confirmation of time.
- You’ll need to remove shoes, hats, caps, and sunglasses before entering the temples and monastery.
- You need to put on comfortable boots with ankle support, which makes for a pleasant walk.
- Wearing slippers will make it hard to walk. Wear thicker darker shocks. Sweaters or summer jackets should be carried with you to protect yourself from the wind.
- You’ll need to store your bags, cameras, mobile phones in lockers right before you enter the monastery. The tour vehicles can only stop at the car park at the valley base.
- At the Monastery entrance, you need to keep the belongings, including mobile phones in a locker. So carry lock and keys to lock the locker.
- You will find the cafeteria mid-way. The animal ride will take you till here. From here, you need to walk. You can also have lunch or rest here.
- Having a walking stick with you for the hike is a great idea. The walking sticks will help you with balance, especially for the downhill climb.
- Bringing some snacks or energy bars will be helpful in replenishing energy during the hike.
Most Asked Questions by Travellers
Of course, communication facilities will be on this tour. In Nepal, you can get almost all kinds of communication including telephone, email, and fax. In addition, in Bhutan, you can get some basic communication facilities in almost all the places. However, if you are traveling in remote places there might be some network issues. You can have a fine internet facility in almost all standard hotels in both Nepal and Bhutan.
Yes, you must get a visa to get to Bhutan. Visa is the most very necessary document to travel to any county. You can obtain the visa with the help of an approved tour operator. For obtaining the visa, you should apply in advance. You must provide the necessary documentation to the travel operator. You cannot enter Bhutan unless you get visa approval.
For safety, we suggest you keep a photocopy of passport visa pages and flight tickets and keep them separately from the originals. While applying make sure that your passport must be valid for size months after the date you leave Bhutan. Above the Himalayan, the team member will help you during your visa application.
Reviews on Nepal and Bhutan Tour
Based on 2 Reviews
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Best time in Bhtuan tour
It was a great time around Nepal and Bhutan, well organize and always ready to change when possible!
Puru, thanks for your attention and care about my trip!
Bhutan was great and the best in my mind
Thanks for all
Nepal and Bhutan Tour - We had best time
It was a wonderful experience with Above the Himalayas. I had booked 9 nights 10 days private tour to Nepal Bhutan tour with 8 members which were very comfortable and well organized by them. Mr. Puru the owner had scheduled the itinerary on an organized manner giving us the freedom to provide our inputs.
The package involved the sightseeing of major sights of Nepal and Bhutan and small hiking. The staff provided by him were friendly. Since it was an all-Women tour they kept our safety and comfort as a priority. All in all, it was a delightful experience and I would like to recommend them to my friends and family and would like to get in touch with them in the future.
Partizia and friends
For departure dates and price, please consult with our travel expert.
Book with Confidence
- Flexible bookings and easy trip date changes
- Personalized service and customized group sizes
- Safe travels with owner-operated services and highly experienced guides
- Best price guarantee for the most value for your money
- Secure & easy online booking
Your Trek Leader
Enjoy Himalayan scenery with the help of Nepal’s best guides with Government license holders and got training in first-aid, our Trip Leaders, know where you’ll find the best photos, most fascinating wildlife, and the best stream crossings. read more