Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek
Trip Highlights of Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek
- Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek begins with a thrilling flight from Kathmandu to Lukla. You can enjoy the stunning flight after the journey begins. You can see The Himalayas and their surroundings from the viewpoint.
- The route takes you through Nepal’s magnificent Khumbu area. You can experience traditional Sherpa culture and see charming monasteries and towns. You can take the breathtaking mountain vistas.
- A notable destination on the journey is Namche Bazaar. It is the largest settlement in the Khumbu area. Here, you can get acclimatized to the altitude. You get to explore the neighborhood market and visit the Sherpa Museum.
- A visit to the Khumbu region’s Tengboche Monastery provides an opportunity to learn about the local way of life. It is one of the most significant monasteries.
- In the Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek, there are many stunning glacial lakes known as the Gokyo Lakes. Hikers and trekkers love to visit the lakes. The lakes provide breathtaking views of the nearby peaks.
- Visit Kala Patthar, a small peak situated over Gorak Shep. You can see Mount Everest and the neighboring peaks in astonishing vistas from here.
- The trail ends at the Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek. Here, expeditions to Mount Everest begin. Here, you can see the Khumbu Icefall, the neighboring peaks, and the enormous size of the mountain.
- This trip includes a helicopter ride from Namche to Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek. So, you can travel quickly and enjoy incredible vistas of the Himalayas.
Overview of Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek
This Everest Base Camp-Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek provides an outstanding opportunity. You can hike beneath some of the highest mountains in the world. Moreover, it takes a luxurious helicopter flight over Everest Base Camp. And over Gokyo Valley.
You can explore the sights of Kathmandu’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites. You can visit the medieval palace square in Patan, Boudhanath, and Pashupatinath. They are significant Buddhist and Hindu religious sites. Your trek starts in Lukla, and you walk to Phakding and then Namche Bazaar.
It also includes a short stopover at Everest Base Camp, Kala Patthar (5,550 m), and Gokyo Lake. They have beautiful landscapes and glacier lakes. Kala Patthar offers a 360-degree panorama of the Himalayan giants. Visitors view the beautiful Sherpa villages and Sagarmatha National Park from the helicopter. The helicopter lands in Lukla. They celebrate the end of their journey.
Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek is a great option. You can visit two of the most breathtaking locations in Nepal’s Khumbu area. It also provides convenient helicopter transportation. Remember that the journey may be demanding is vital. So, it’s crucial to be well-prepared and acclimatized before trying. You must collaborate with a reliable travel agency to handle the entire voyage.
We have long provided the best services in this field. Our company, Above the Himalaya Trekking, will be the best for you to plan this trek. You can engage in our tailored itinerary. Or you may customize the itinerary to suit your preferences.
What to pack for your Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek
The Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek is moderate. So, you need to have the proper equipment to succeed on this trip.
You will sleep in the tea house and eat there, so you must carry enough belongings from the cold. We have suggested some items for your Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek.
- Walking boots have to be waterproof and have ankle support.
- Trainer or casual shoes you can use after a day trek.
- Hiking Shorts (3): Quick drying type, not cotton!
- Trekking Pants (3), preferably zip on/off at the knees so you can use them as shorts also.
- Loose, casual trousers for trekking
- Thermal wear for colder areas
- Lightweight underwear – Capilene or other synthetic.
- Cotton pants or (loose jeans/khakis).
- T-shirts: Cotton for lower altitude walking. The synthetic is good above 2500m.
- Thermal Underwear: Synthetic polypropylene
- Waterproof Jacket. Quality waterproof clothing is essential. A proofed nylon or Gore-Tex jacket is recommended.
- Fleece jacket or pullover.
- Fleece Wind-Stopper jacket (optional).
- Goretex or warm jacket for winter trekking. Bring a down jacket.
- Women’s sports bras, Synthetic
- Strong rucksack or large holdall to be carried by porters
- Daysack to carry valuables such as passports, cash, cameras, and travel documents.
- Plastic bags or stuff sacks to store
- Plug adapter 2 round pin
- Trail Map/Guidebook
- Journal & Pen, Pencils, and small notebooks
- Extra contacts or glasses
- Quick-drying towel (medium-sized)
- Toothbrush/paste (preferably biodegradable)
- Multipurpose soap/handwash
- Nail clippers
- Face and body moisturizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Small mirror
- Wet wipes
- Water purification tablets or iodine
- Refillable Water bottles
- Wool or fleece hat, or balaclava
- Hat or cap for sun protection while trekking
- Sunglasses or goggles
- Warm gloves
- Sun lotion
- Lip balm
- Sunglasses protect from day sunlight.
- The sleeping bag rated at -20 degrees Celcius. You can also get a sleeping bag liner.
- Some Extra pairs of T-shirts and also shorts.
- Trekking pole
- Flashlight and battery
- First aid kit (with moleskin for blisters)
Itinerary of Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek
Day 01: Fly to Lukla, trek to Phakding
This day’s two crucial parts are the trip to Lukla and the hike along the Dudh Koshi River Valley’s side. From Kathmandu, take a picturesque flight to Lukla. After arriving at Lukla Airport, the team sorts and packs their stuff. You also meet up with additional crew members.
Then, as you descend a trail to the Dudh Koshi River Valley, you pass chortens and prayer flags. You also pass through mani stones with inscribed holy mantras. You will hike from Lukla for 3–4 hours and cross a metal suspension bridge over the Dudh Koshi River.
Then you will reach Phakding, a lovely village with traditional huts and teahouses. They take a short break and then tour and photograph the surroundings. After supper, you go back to the teahouse and rest.
Day 02: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar
The route from Phakding to Namche Bazaar is a simple one. It passes through rhododendrons and pine trees. You also pass The Sagarmatha National Park and the Hillary Bridge. Hillary Bridge is the tallest suspension bridge in the Everest region.
You climb steeply to Namche Bazaar on the last section of the journey. From there you get your first glimpse of Mount Everest. You reach Namche Bazaar after a 5- to 6-hour climb.
Namche is the largest Sherpa community in the Khumbu Region. It provides a variety of lodging options, from luxurious lodges to modest teahouses. Spend the night in Namche Bazaar.
Day 03: Acclimatization Day in Namche Bazaar
Allow your body to acclimatize to the altitude. Spend the day exploring Namche Bazaar and its surroundings. Ascend to Hotel Everest View for up-close views of Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Lhotse, and Nuptse.
Take a tour of Kunde and Khumjung, two of the Khumbu Himal’s original Sherpa communities. Return to Namche and spend the night at Namche Bazaar after the expedition.
Day 04: Heli tour of Everest Base Camp, Gokyo Lakes, and Kala Patthar
Prepare for a once-in-a-lifetime heli excursion in the Everest region. Visitors may see 7,000- and 8,000-meter peaks up close when the skilled pilot flies the helicopter near the Alps.
Vibrant tents cover the snowy landscape of Everest Base Camp. Visitors view the magnificent Khumbu glacier and Kala Patthar icefall by helicopter.
Visit the area and many stunning glacier lakes in the Gokyo Valley. Explore Gokyo Lakes and the area for some time. Or hike to nearby Gokyo Ri for breathtaking views of the surrounding peaks.
The helicopter passes above the Gokyo Valley on its way to Lukla. You may take aerial views of Sherpa communities and the Sagarmatha National Park. Spend the night in Lukla.
Day 05: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu
Fly to Kathmandu after leaving Lukla. Bid farewell to the mountains that you had been walking in for the previous few days from the window of the airplane. Arrive in Kathmandu, check into your hotel, and then relax.
For the day, we have planned nothing specific. You may go on your own or pay extra to sign up for a guided tour if you want to see more of the city.
Go souvenir shopping in Ason Bazaar or Thamel, or go on a guided tour of some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. A complimentary goodbye meal will help you celebrate the end of your fantastic trip. Spend the night in Kathmandu.
Fixed Departure Dates
Note: We can run a trip for solo travelers, couple, friends and family with children. Our private trips are running everyday. If you are looking for a group joining trip please contact us.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport transfers by private vehicle for Lukla flight.
- Government license holder experienced trekking guide (trained in Wilderness First Aid& altitude sickness) with food, accommodation, salary, equipment, accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Local trekking porter ( 1 porter for two client basis) with his food, accommodation, salary, equipment, accidental insurance, clothing, and medicine.
- Round Trip flight ticket for Kathmandu Lukla Kathmandu.
- Namche to Kala patthar and gokyo lake to Lukla Helicopter flight.
- Tea house/Lodges Accommodation during the trekking
- During the trek, daily Meals are chosen from the Menu (breakfast, lunch, and dinner).
- Sagarmatha National Park fees.
- Trekker’s information management system (TIMS) card fee.
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Above the Himalaya duffel bag. ( If you need it too, please let us know before you book the trip and remind us in our pre-meeting at our office.)
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Above the Himalaya Gifts (T-shirt for Gents & Pashmina shawl for Ladies, Trekking certificates)
- All necessary papers, office Service charges, and all Government Taxes.
- All services in Kathmandu.
- Nepal entry visa fee. You can get a Nepal visa upon arrival at the Airport.
- International Airfare/Airport Tax.
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water, hot and cold showers.
- Personal expenses include laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, beverages, bar bills, and camera battery charging.
- Travel Insurance (Essential – Should include emergency evacuation coverage while trekking up to 5500+ meters).
- Personal trekking gears
- Any expense for early returning members due to sickness, injury, or other reasons. No refund will be entertained for any unused service.
- Extra expenses occurred due to unexpected circumstances like cancellation of internal flights, floods, strikes, etc.
- Tips for tour/ trekking staff.
Essential Information - Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek
How Much Does The Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek Cost?
The price of the Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek might change based on several factors. These include the season, group size, itinerary, degree of comfort, and extra services. Yet, a typical 8-day itinerary costs about USD 3,500 per person.
It encloses the cost of domestic flights, permits, meals, and lodging during the trip. You get a knowledgeable guide, porter, and airport transfers at this price. You also get a helicopter ride from Namche to Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake.
The price excludes international flights, travel insurance, and visa costs. Your personal expenditures, guide, and porter tips are not included. It’s beneficial to check with many trekking operators to check charges and inclusions. Then select the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Best Time to Travel and Weather Conditions
The Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek is best taken between March and May. It is also best to trek in September and November. In these months, the weather is often pleasant and consistent. The scenery is most beautiful.
The spring season is ideal for taking pictures and taking in the surroundings. The pleasant dry weather, bright skies, and blossoming rhododendrons add to the beauty. At night, the temperature can reach as low as -5 to -10 degrees Celsius at higher altitudes. During daytime, temperatures are between 10 and 15 degrees Celsius.
Autumn weather is often dry and steady, with a bright sky and incredible mountain vistas. The weather can be colder at the end of the season, with infrequent snowfall at higher elevations. The temperatures are comparable to those of spring.
The monsoon season in Nepal occurs throughout the summer (June to August). There is a lot of rain and cloud cover, reducing visibility and making the routes slick and muddy. The winter months of December through February are often cold and dry. You can experience occasional snowfall, making trekking at higher altitudes more difficult.
Remember that weather patterns might change from one year to the next. It’s advisable to check the forecast and make appropriate preparations. It is necessary, especially for higher-altitude treks. We tell you to wear warm and waterproof clothes and equipment, regardless of the season.
Things to be aware of
For the Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek, consider the following tips and information:
Physical preparation: The journey requires many days of hiking at high elevations. So, being in good physical condition and ready for the challenge is critical. Increase your stamina and endurance before the journey. You should think about training for many weeks.
Altitude sickness: High-altitude trekkers frequently experience altitude sickness. So, it’s crucial to acclimate gradually and maintain hydration. Additionally, you should know the signs of altitude sickness. You should know when to seek medical help.
Packing essentials: The most important things to bring include warm clothes and a sleeping bag. You should wear cozy hiking boots and a waterproof jacket. You should bring a cap, sunglasses, and sunscreen. It’s also advised to get a first aid kit, some food, and water purification pills.
Permits and insurance: Before beginning the journey, you must get the required tickets and insurance. These include a Sagarmatha National Park pass and a TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) card. You must have high-altitude trekking travel insurance.
Respect local culture: Respect for local traditions and culture is crucial. The walk takes you past traditional Sherpa communities and monasteries. Before taking photos of individuals or religious sites, you should dress modestly and get their permission.
Tipping: Giving your guide and porter a gratuity at the journey’s end is normal. Tipping is a prevalent practice in Nepal. Typically, the tip amount depends on how well the service was and how satisfied you were.
Weather: At high elevations, the weather may be unpredictable. So, it’s necessary to be adaptable to the itinerary. You should be ready for modifications in the plan because of the weather.
Helicopter flight: The weather may disrupt the helicopter trip from Lukla to Kathmandu. This results in delays or cancellations. Remember this when you schedule more time in Kathmandu before your flight.
You can enjoy your Everest Base Camp to Gokyo Lake helicopter trek journey. You can take full advantage of the region’s breathtaking natural beauty. You get the cultural experiences. All by paying attention to this advice and preparing for the trip.
Flight delay/cancelation and changes in the itinerary and in season time, all flights are from Ramechhap.
Be aware that Lukla’s flights depend on weather conditions. Sometimes, it leads to delays or changes. We make sure you reach your destination on time. We will re-arrange your ticket to the next available flight for the Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek.
In the case of delaying Lukla’s flights, the client handles all the extra expenses. It includes food and accommodation costs. If you wish to make alternative arrangements, the costs would be your responsibility. For example, the price of a Helicopter flight you take to avoid flight delays.
The flight delays to Lukla on this Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter trek may occur. If the flight delay occurs, we will book the same hotel you used in Kathmandu on your arrival day. If it is unavailable, we will look for other hotels until we confirm your flight. We will adjust the itinerary to ensure you get as much time as possible in the mountains. This means reducing/removing the Kathmandu nights at the end of the trip.
If the flight from Lukla to Kathmandu gets canceled, you will cover the extra night cost and food. We will rebook your flight the next day. We can only use regular flights if flights can operate due to terrible weather. We can assist you in such cases by providing helicopter service for your Everest luxury trek. You must pay this extra cost (less the regular flight ticket price). You can claim this with your insurance company on your return to your home country.
The Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek provides trekkers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You can enjoy spectacular natural beauty, cultural immersion, and exhilarating adventure.
Reviews on Everest Base Camp Gokyo Lake Helicopter Trek
Based on 300+ Reviews
Andre Barbosa De Arujo
Best Trekking Ever- Great gudie
The service of Guide and Porter was excellent. They were above my expectations. They were responsible, helpful, friendly, and punctual.
Thank you for the service on our Everest base camp, Gokyo Lake helicopter Trek. The agency is very well organized with fast replies. I would recommend its services. It Was very safe all the time. I also liked the food recommendation for the best health during the trekking.
The schedule was perfectly well organized. I want to thank you all for this fantastic experience.
Thank you very much, Puru, Purna, and Porter.
Andre Barbosa De Arujo
Everest base camp Gokyo lake helicopter trek - Amazing view
My friend and I did the Everest base camp Gokyo Lake helicopter Trek. We did it in Nepal from the end of September through early October. Neither of us had ever been to this part of the world or done a trek such as this.
Puru was beneficial and answered all our questions. Our concerns are expeditiously and efficiently. We started from our first email from Canada until we returned home.
This was the best trip I have ever been on. All the details of our journey plan are as promised. Our accommodations were more than expected. The food was delicious; we were very well looked after.
Our guide to Everest Base Camp was Basu, and our porter was Karan. They were an excellent team. Basu was so patient, he answered all our questions, and he made the trip very fun! Even when we hit little obstacles, Basu was very professional.
He can make the necessary adjustments with ease. After our trek, we had a few extra days, and Puru arranged for us to do a Safari at the Chitwan National Park. As with our previous tour, all the details worked out; all we had to do was show up.
Suppose you are considering a trip to Nepal. I cannot recommend enough Puru and the staff. Above the Himalayan Trekking Company is best. I am sure you will be more than satisfied!!
George Lee & Tylor Paulson
For departure dates and price, please consult with our travel expert.
Book with Confidence
- Flexible bookings and easy trip date changes
- Personalized service and customized group sizes
- Safe travels with owner-operated services and highly experienced guides
- Best price guarantee for the most value for your money
- Secure & easy online booking
Your Trek Leader
Enjoy Himalayan scenery with the help of Nepal’s best guides with Government license holders and got training in first-aid, our Trip Leaders, know where you’ll find the best photos, most fascinating wildlife, and the best stream crossings. read more